(26th March 2011)
So at 20.30 tonight once again my lights will be going off in recognition of Earth Hour. This is the fifth time his has taken place and is a global response to climate change. A simple gesture where all lights are turned off and replaced with flickering candle light.
To make even more effort I shall be using Soy Candles from our local craft supplier Bluebell Eco Candles which we sell here. The environmental advantages are
• Soybean wax is produced from soybeans. Clean burning, renewable, sustainable resource.
- • Completely biodegradable.• Soy candles burns up to 40% longer.• Suitable for vegans, no animal testing or animal fats used.
• Our handmade soy candles do not emit chemicals into the air you breathe, or increase CO2 levels.
• They are 100% NON TOXIC and biodegradable.
• Soy candles produce less soot – Soot should be avoided because it is very unhealthy and can eventually coat furniture and walls.
• Soy wax spills can easily be cleaned up with hot soapy water.
• Scented soy candles distribute more flavour – The incorporation of soybean oil lowers the melting point of the candle, which translates into cooler burning candles and faster scent dispersion. It is from this liquid wax pool that the essential oils evaporate into the atmosphere.
So tonight I shall be enjoying the delicious scent of lemon courtesy of Fleurs candles.