(18th March 2011) Announced today were the majority of the categories of the Green Awards 2011. Like last year we submitted our entry (although this year the sensible and far greener option of the paperless entry system was reintroduced) and waited with baited breath. Last year had seen us gain finalist status in both The Green Retailer Award and The SME categories however the winners were Clery & Co and The Westport Woods Hotel and Spa so we went home with our heads held high and made some great contacts on the night.
So today the list for 2011 was announced and we have once again made the finalist list in The Green Retailer Award along with
- Applegreen (33 Service/Petrol Stations within Ireland and 3 in the UK)
- Ikea (huge worldwide and one very large store in Dublin)
- Tesco Ireland (not in need of an introduction known to many especially Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall.)
- The Farm Shop (I cant find out any information just on the name)
- The Happy Pear (a restaurant/cafe in Greystones looks like a very cool shop and already have become a facebook like)
So talk about Davids and Goliaths in the same group it will be interesting to see what happens on the 14th April when the awards are held. That gives me enough time to starve myself so I can fit into the dinner suit. Well there is no way I am buying a new one for my once a year dressing up…..I wonder if I can go in my hemp suit instead……